Navasota Farmers Market is a cooperative effort of local farmers, vendors, artists, and families dedicated to providing the highest quality food and handmade products to our community. We envision a healthy community nourished by sustainable food systems providing economically viable opportunities for agricultural vendors, food producers, and artisans. We uphold the age-old tradition of allowing the consumer to meet the producer while encouraging the production and consumption of agricultural and handmade products in the Brazos Valley, particularly in Grimes County and Navasota. Maintaining a diverse mix of products offered for sale at the Navasota Farmer’s Market will provide direct marketing opportunities for growers, specialty food vendors, and artisan vendors alike.
The Navasota Farmer’s Market is more than just a place of business; it is a mutually beneficial and sustainable community gathering space.
The goals of the Navasota Farmer’s Market are to:
Why it benefits the Navasota community:
- Act as a grassroots marketplace for local growers, producers, artisans and vendors
- Educate and inform the community on sustainable local food systems
- Support sustainable farm operations and thriving local economies
- Strengthens the local economy/revitalization of Historic Downtown Navasota by redirecting consumers’ food dollars to local growers and producers
- Provides a beneficial community gathering space and marketplace for vendors, downtown merchants and shoppers while also acting as an incubator for independent, seasonal micro businesses
- Educates the community about local growing conditions and food crops, as well as sustainable organic growing practices.